Since 1989 Royal Pet Mortuary has served the veterinary community and, more importantly, pet owners with respectful, compassionate pet aftercare services.
The company was formed shortly after founder
Stephanie Schatz experienced the loss of her beloved miniature schnauzer, Romeo. At that time she felt that the services she received from the existing pet aftercare company she used were sorely lacking especially in the area of compassion. It was cold and impersonal and made the loss all the more painful.
Stephanie, along with her late brother Richard Schatz, had the idea of a kinder, gentler pet aftercare service which came into being as Royal Pet Mortuary. Many elements were put together to best ensure a family’s loss of a pet would be handled respectfully and with the personal care and understanding that is so necessary at this difficult time in a pet owners life.
• Home euthanasia referral, if needed
• Home or veterinary pick up of pet
• Hand delivery of ashes in a lovely silk tapestry covered urn
• Creation of a clay paw print for each client
• Personalized cremation certificate penned by a calligrapher
• Individualized condolence card sent
• Pet bereavement poems included with delivery
• Reference to bereavement resources via the Royal Pet Mortuary Website
The Royal Pet team consists of caring pet owners that realize losing a pet is losing a member of the family, and understand that the transition needs to be handled with compassion and care.
We are grateful for your support and look forward to assisting you and your clients needs.